Off topic, but only a little since it's about hardware

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:35:33 IST 2013

Thanks for all the advice. I particularly like the Zaggspark 6000. It is
not too heavy and can handle a number of devices quickly and at once.

I will check if they carry something like it at Office Depot (I am talking
Tel Aviv), and if not check whether it makes sense sending it here from the
US.

Z.

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM, E.S. Rosenberg <esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il>wrote:

> Thinkgeek carries a wide variety, some with solar cells to re-charge
> the battery.
> And I think by now it's mainstream enough that you can also find it on
> amazon.
>
> שבוע טוב,
> Eliyahu - אליהו
>
> 2013/1/5 shimi <linux-il at shimi.net>:
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Steve G. <wordz2u at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> There is a whole lot of devices that are capable of being charged
> through
> >> a USB port - smart phones, iPod, iPad, Kindle and similar readers, etc.
> >>
> >> Is there a device that can be used as an external battery and/or charger
> >> for these toys? So when their battery runs out, I can plug the external
> >> battery through the device's USB connector and continue to use
> it/charge it?
> >>
> >> I am talking about a rechargeable, portable battery. Not a connector
> that
> >> plugs the device into an electric outlet or a car 12V plug. Those come
> with
> >> some of the devices already.
> >>
> >> If you know of one, please advise.
> >>

> > This one does so, and can also be charged by the Sun:
> >
> http://dx.com/p/solar-ac-powered-rechargeable-2600mah-portable-power-pack-with-charging-adapters-black-73468
> >
> > * though I am not accountable for how good does it work,if at all :)
> >
> > -- Shimi

Sincerely,

Steve

http://www.words2u.net - GPS points and tracks (mainly in Costa Rica)