Parts of the internet keep on disappearing on me

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Tue Jan 22 18:06:25 IST 2013

Could it be that you have a lot of traffic coming out of your station and
you are running out of available tcp/udp ports (in bridged mode the VMs
would not be using ports as their traffic is practically direct with the
NIC, but in NAT mode they would be taking up TCP/UDP ports on your host
machine) ?