mysql q

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 15:39:04 IST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I think you tackle it wrong.
>
> If there is no need for accessing the database all the time, why not cache
> the result in tools such as Memcached or Redis ?

then i will still need to poll  Memcached or Redis. this may speedup
things, but it is still polling, which i try to avoid

> If they are different clients (as in agents), then there are other tools
> at your disposal, such as Varnish, that create cached version for the web.

still neab client need to poll the server

> Secondly, the MySQL/MariaDB triggers really basics if you compare them to
> PG and Fb (true open source solutions), not to mention non open source
> databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
>
> Third, try to see how you can optimize the page. If there is no need for
> constant data reading, why does it constantly refresh itself ?

i do not refresh the whole page, i use ajax.

i need a repsonse time from db change, to display on browser of 5 seconds,
however the db may not change in days, and then can change every second...
if we talk about polling, i need to poll every 5 seconds, but if there is
no db change, then this is in vain

i want to work event driven, and not polling, so i thought mysql has a
builtin machanism for this.
if it doesn't i will need to warp it up in some other code - i was trying
to avoid that.

thanks,
erez.