OT: Hybrid cars

guy keren guy.choo.keren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 18:55:20 IDT 2013

On 09/18/2013 06:18 PM, Guy Gold wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Nadav Har'El <nyh at math.technion.ac.il
> <mailto:nyh at math.technion.ac.il>> wrote:
>

>     In addition to the momentary fuel consumption, you also get in many cars
>     some fuel consumption average over a long period - The Prius gives you
>     a monthly average, in most other cars you can reset the averaging period
>     yourself (so you can measure an average over 5km, or 5000km, as you
>     wish).
>
> My Prius (U.S model, 2008), shows  'at this moment consumption'  and an
> average consumption since the last time the gasoline tank was filled .
> I'm not sure if it resets only if you fill up a certain (minimal)
> amount, only if you reach a certain (low level) of gasoline in the tank
> followed by filling it up, or simply any time you pop the gas tank cap
> off. However, every time I pull out of the Gas station, I see that the
> average counter has been reset.

this is peculear. the japanese Prius 2008 i'm driving never resets the
averag counter, unless i do this manully (via a "push button" appearing
on the touch-screen).

perhaps it's a feature that can be enabled/disabled - or perhaps its a
different behaviour of a USA Prius? i can check the owner's manual..

--guy