OT: Cell phone service providers

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:26:40 IST 2014

On 2/11/2014 5:15 PM, Ari Becker wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, Golan should be the default. I call and am
> called by relatives in the US so their price and features are
> unbeatable. Their service is great and so is the online control panel.
>
> I haven't had problems with SMS with Golan, but honestly, these days
> everyone uses Whatsapp anyways. I do sometimes suffer from dropped
> calls, but it's not that big a deal.
>
> The only carrier I could imagine switching to is Orange, since they're
> going to put up their LTE network soon enough, but without a true
> unlimited option under Orange, what's the point?
>
> The only thing I could really ask from Golan is to stay competitive
> with LTE and allow me to pay more for a true unlimited plan.

I agree 100%. It so happens that there is a Cellcom cell about 200
meters from my home and a Golan one about 1km away. My 2g phone connects
to the Cellcom cell, my 3g phones and iPads connect to the Golan one.

Ari, I'm not sure what you mean by a true unlimited plan. Golan's 3g of
data is small compared to a landline, and I'd love to see more, but
their "fair use" limit of 3,000 minutes a month (100 minutes a day,
every day) is a brain cooker.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ