Chinese KitKat

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 08:20:26 IST 2014

I have a Chinese Android tablet. It is  a Kaya 10.1 inch tablet
purchased from Office Depot.

I can't find a website for Kaya, and Office Depot has closed, so tech
support is as far as I can tell nonexistent.

It's running Android 4.1, which just upgraded itself (no details on what
was upgraded were given), but has no search for upgrades option.

Is it possible to upgrade to a generic version of KitKat? One of the
reasons I would like to update it is that the operating system is
customized for the hardware. It has a regular type A USB port for OTG
devices, but only has drivers for USB storage. I want to add bluetooth
(keyboard, headset), USB headset and an SDR dongle. :-)

If so how? Is there an English step by step tutorial?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.