Feedback about HOT as an isp

Mord Behar mordbe0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 22:06:29 IST 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 6:40 PM, geoffrey mendelson <
geoffreymendelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/5/2014 6:01 PM, Michael Ben-Nes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Seems like I need to replace my unstable ADSL line :(
>>
>> Can any one tip me how good is the Hot cables 100mb service?
>> stability\speed
>>

> I forgot to mention that HOT is both an infrastructure provider AND an
> ISP. You can get one or the other, or both.
>
> The fine print on the 100 NIS a month deal advertised in Friday's Yediot
> was 100megabit download internet, a telephone and cable TV, but it DID NOT
> INLCUDE THE ISP fees.

Also remember that HOT uses co-ax cable and not DSL lines, so they really
can't give you any kind of assurances as to upload/download speed. It
depends on how man people in your area are connected to the cable and how
much they are using the internet at any given time.
Plus, they are plain annoying that borders on the illegal. A year ago I was
shopping around for internet access and contacted them. After hearing their
spiel I told them I was not interested (they were asking more than
Bezeq/Bezeq Benleumi and were providing less). They then proceeded to call
me back repeatedly, about once every three days for two weeks. This was
despite my increasingly insistent and vehement requests for them to stop.
Eventually I was able to talk to a "supervisor" and threatened them with a
police complaint that they did not adhere to the new laws for protecting
the customer.
I've heard stories from friends and relatives who use HOT and are very
unsatisfied. Mostly they are not satisfied with the phone service. The line
is worse than some mobile connections.