[RBS] Why Online Hebrew lessons

Yedgarno yedgarno at 012.net.il
Sun Nov 1 06:45:58 IST 2009

http://istudyhebrew.com/index.asp?q=20&kbid=1875

Why chose on line learning?
by Rachele Silver ISH Contributing writer

Why chose online learning? I know from some of the students point of view
that it's more conducive learn in their comfort of their own home also
without the pressure of travel and parking. However, as an English teacher,
I was interested to hear teachers prospective. I telephoned Osnat who is
qualified language teacher with over a decades experience behind her, who is
a Hebrew teacher with Istudyhebrew.com to ask her opinion on the virtual
classroom. Osnat enlightened me; she reminded me that in a normal teaching
day, where time is taken from lesson preparation to travel, the teacher
often arrives hassled and maybe not able to totally focus on the lesson. As
an online teacher Osnat has to only walk to her computer with her lesson
plan , and greet her student, she is fresh relaxed and able to give 100%
attention to her students needs . Osnat teaches all levels of students, each
group comprises of students on the same starting level, from very beginners
who have no knowledge of Hebrew whatsoever, to advanced students. She
explained how the students build up a relationship with their online class,
but because there is no webcam it overcomes the student's initial
embarrassment and they learn in a stress free environment, the students
support & encourage each others efforts. Since the classes are small, Osnat
can customize the lesson to suit the individual students learning needs. I
was struck by Osnat's professionalism yet her friendliness; she put me at my
ease, and I could imagine her building up an instant rapport with her
students. When I asked her what the best part of her job was she didn't
hesitate for even a split second, "my student's success "she said, "knowing
they have achieved their goal in a relaxed and happy manner. " Before my
conversation with Osnat I was somewhat apprehensive about undertaking a
Hebrew language course on line , but now I am excited, knowing that my
teacher will also be professional, and personable and able to help me
through the mine field of learning Hebrew, and I am looking forward to
sharing my experience with you.

Regards

Natanella Yedgar

Online Hebrew Studies and Israel Catalog
http://istudyhebrew.com/index.asp?q=20&kbid=1875