[RBS] Important Info for US Citizens : Fight the Excise Tax in the New Health Care Plan

micky and rena siev mickyrena at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:08:27 IST 2009

I got this message forwarded to me today and I thought that other American citizens would find it relevant (and frustrating!)

Good luck getting the word out.

Erev tov,

Rena Siev

If this is not displayed properly or you can not view the images, click here

Special Edition
November 2009      Cheshvan 5770
Fight New $750 US Tax - Stop it Now

AACI has learned that the new Health Care Reform Bill as proposed by the US Senate contains a $750 per year Excise Tax per person for all US Citizens living outside the US.
The proposed law requires all US citizens regardless of country of residence to buy into one of the proposed US insurance plans or pay $750 per person per year Health Insurance Excise Tax.

The proposed US insurance plans will not cover medical expenses outside the US.
This will force us to pay for health insurance we cannot use.

A similar Health Care Bill has already been passed by the US House of Representatives.  However, in that bill, all US citizens residing abroad are exempt from the Excise Tax.  Unless we are exempted by both the House bill and the Senate bill, we could be taxed when the two bills are merged.

The Senate is currently debating its bill and is close to bringing to that bill to a vote.  We need to urge our Senators to exempt us from the Excise Tax in their bill.

AND we need to act NOW!

Click here for a sample letter which you can personalize.

To register your opposition, you must FAX your objections whether using the attached letter or one of your own making.  Emailing does not have the same impact.  When you FAX a letter, the letter is immediately seen and counted.  Be sure to sign it and give your Israeli Address.  This validates the FAX.

To help you, AACI is providing you with a link to the names and fax numbers of every US Senator.

AACI urges every US citizen to contact their two US Senators and voice their opposition to this Excise Tax for US citizens residing abroad.

We can make our voices heard!

Click here for address information on your representative.

Join AACI Facebook

This email was sent to mirpoch at gmail.com by AACI (aaci at wizevents.com).
Update Profile/Email Address  |  Unsubscribe