[RBS] This morning's accident!!!

Michael Schoemann mykey.schoemann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:34:08 IDT 2010

As we all shockingly read in the post from Mrs Fish, a ten year old girl in
my daughter's parallel class was run over by a truck this morning and is
undergoing surgery for internal bleeding. Please keep davening for Efrat
Rachel Bat Dalia
She was crossing the road by a crossing!!!!! next to Meuchedet on Kishon.
I have been meaning to write about this issue for a while and unfortunately
today's accident is proof that OUR CHILDREN ARE NOT SAFE EVEN WHEN CROSSING
BY AN OFFICIAL PEDESTRIAN CROSSING! WE CANNOT LEAVE THIS SITUATION.
Cars and trucks do not slow down OR pay attention to pedestrian crossings!
I have never seen a cop watching crossings. All they do is hide somewhere in
the mercaz and give tickets to people parking this way or that.
Every time I drive/walk past the intersection by Shefa cnrs kishon and
sorek, I cringe!
To cross over sorek with all the cars going into the mall/school zone is
pikuach nefesh

It is time to form a safety committee and involve some reps from the Iriya
to make RBS A a safer place for children.

I am happy to be involved. Anyone else willing to be involved or wit good
ideas how to achieve this please be in touch!!

--
Michael Schoemann
Mykey.schoemann at gmail.com
  052 760 3347