[RBS] This morning's accident!!!

marsha twersky marshat at 013net.net
Thu Apr 15 19:31:26 IDT 2010

We can start by educating our children that just because they cross at a cross walk doesn't mean it's always safe to.  Without reference to this particular instance, I have seen many kids just get to a corner and start walking, or running, across the street without looking in either direction.  They must be taught that they can't rely on cars or trucks slowing down or stopping at crosswalks, but to wait and be sure they do before crossing.  Also, children younger than 9 should NOT be crossing on their own, which is very prevelant in this city.