[RBS] attack on yom ha'atzmaut

r. t. rteren at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 11:12:04 IDT 2010

I was quite surprised when I heard of an attack on ~15 RBS teens as they were returning home from the amphi the night of yom haatzmaut. I was surprised because I heard of it on Friday, why had no one posted about it to this list?

For those who did not hear, a group of teens (all from anglo families) were returning home from the amphi at about 2am. They were attacked by about 50-70 men while walking through RBS B. A few had to go to Terem to be stitched up. The attacking men not only used their fists and feet to beat the teens, they used belts (including the buckle), sticks, pepper spray and TASER.

The teens have filed a police complaint, but were told that most likely nothing would come of it.

The local paper 'Chadash' wrote about it, from the RBS B POV, claiming that the kids were making noise and spraying graffiti and that is why they were attacked - I do not believe that the teens that were involved are going to sue for libel even though the paper claimed they provoked the attack.

There was also an Arutz 7 article (Hebrew) http://www.inn.co.il/News/News.aspx/203374 for anyone who is interested.