[RBS] Fw: Saidels Bakery, because it is healthy and good!

yamin and justine cohen justine at neto.net.il
Wed Dec 15 22:12:10 IST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Sheryl Saidel
To: Justine Cohen
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:07 PM
Subject: Saidels Bakery, because it is healthy and good!

      Two things separate Saidels Bakery from any other bakery in Israel.
      1. Dedication to providing the healthiest possible baked goods
      2. Meticulous attention to detail and devotion in every product

      Monday morning. The regular daily shmooze with our mashgiach, Tzvi.
      Seeing me slog over a dough and feeling sorry for me, he says "Les,
      why don't you add all the 'other' stuff that regular bakeries put in
      their breads? You know, the stuff with the E-'s (E-525, E-128 etc). It
      would make your life so much easier."
      We've had this discussion at least a million times before and again I
      remind him that our bakery is different, we don't put E-'s in our
      bread. He scratches his head in incredulity, as he always does,
      obviously thinking to himself that I am a little nuts and not kneading
      with both elbows.

      Perhaps I am a little eccentric as far as my bread goes. But hey!
      there must be at least a few other nutcases out there like me who
      don't like E-'s in their food. Maybe I am totally far gone, but when I
      put something in my mouth, I like to know that it is as close as
      possible to a major food group, like a vegetable, a protein, a starch.
      Not some artificial "whoknowswhat" dreamed up by some "wiz" chemist to
      replace what we know as REAL food, because a. it is cheaper b. has a
      longer shelf life (and makes more money for the food companies) and c.
      makes food look artificially better than it ever could in nature.
      If you ever took a minute to examine the ingredients of the food you
      eat, you would get a nasty shock. Reading the ingredients list is
      enough of a jolt for some to stop eating those "spicy enchilada blue
      colored corn chips". Others simply cannot live without "spicy
      enchilada blue colored corn chips" regardless of how many E-'s they do
      or don't have.

      Forget about the enchiladas, try buying a piece of frozen roasting
      beef. How far off the beaten track can you get with that, right? After
      all, Meat is meat, isn't it? It's an interesting exercise, try it just
      for a laugh - read the ingredient list on a piece of frozen shoulder
      of beef (number 4 or 5 I think).

      Needless to say, if you are looking for "spicy enchilada blue colored
      corn chips", Saidels Bakery is NOT the place you will find them.

      At Saidels Bakery you will find a crackpot baker who believes even the
      most "unhealthy" baked products, for example donuts, should be made as
      healthy as feasibly possible, for example fried in Canola oil.

      He believes that any bread should contain at least some wheat germ and
      bran to make it just that little bit healthier than just plain
      "starchy" white bread. So even his "white breads", like sweet challah,
      contain 10% freshly stone ground whole wheat flour, brimming with
      wheat germ and bran, but unnoticeable in the end product (sometimes
      you have to resort to guerrilla tactics to make certain people, like
      kids, eat healthy).

      He believes that it is worthwhile working a little harder and using
      natural yeast starters to slowly ferment his breads naturally over 24
      hours to get that high quality texture and crispness that all other
      bakeries just cram E-something additives to get the same result in
      under an hour.

      In a word, you have a baker who cares about health, his health and
      your health. He is a health fanatic to whom making an extra buck or
      getting an extra hour's sleep by compromising on health is an
      inconceivability.

      Therefore in Saidels Bakery you will find the healthiest baked goods
      you can find in any bakery in the country.

      The second advantage Saidels Bakery has over the competition is our
      care and devotion to our products.
      The word "artisan" is not simply a buzzword with us. We are craftsmen
      in every sense of the word. Everything in our bakery is hand made with
      the mastery of decades of experience and with the care and love that
      only fanatic bakers can give to their products.

      Our slogan "baked with love" says it all. Our products are not as-
      close-as-you-can-get to home made, our products ARE home made, baked
      in an old fashioned brick oven in a small family bakery, by a husband,
      wife and grandmother team.

      So if you have not yet tried our wide range of products (which includes challot, health breads, pies, cookies, sambusakim and quiches), this is the time, both for the health and for the unbelievable taste.

      One can place an order through our newly enhanced and up-dated website
      http://saidels.com/ or call us at 09-7941222.

      We deliver every Friday to Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh. Our
      pickup points are -

      Bet Shemesh: Family Benstein, 18/1 Hashoshan, Nofei Aviv between 13:00
      and 15:00. We also deliver to your door in Bet Shemesh for an added 10
      NIS delivery fee.

      Ramat Bet Shemsh: Family Cohen, Nachal Nachshon 6/18 (cottage behind
      building 6), between 14:00-15:30.

      Have a healthy, tasty Shabat
      Les and Sheryl Saidel
      Saidels Bakery - "baked with love"