[RBS] Freelance interview work

Dave Greenfield dgreenfi at bezeqint.net
Thu Feb 11 13:09:31 IST 2010

Hi All –
I’m looking to give away some $1,000 and wanted to see if there are
interviewers / journalists out there who might be interested. No reclaiming
of long lost princely accounts in London are required. Just a  few hours of
your time, but of course. The details are below
Dave

Overall Objective:
We are charged with interviewing 50 IT managers regarding an emerging
technology.

Your Role:
You’ll be responsible for conducting phone interviews with as many or as few
IT managers as you’d like. You’ll need to follow a script that we’ll provide
you with, take accurate notes, and record the conversation. Payment will be
based on delivery of both items – notes and recordings.

Your Skills:
You need to be an adept interviewer. For starters, that means you don’t
sound like a moron on the phone. American or British sounding accents are
preferred. We’ll take Canadians as well, they’re so nice. We’ll help with a
phone script, but you’ll need to have the phone presence and be able to
improvise where necessary. An IT background is a plus, but not essential. We
can help with an orientation (see below) and supporting materials for you
reading pleasure. You’ll also need to type (no kidding), have decent
Internet access, and a working computer (of course, one could wonder how you
would be reading this message on a non-working computer).  A US phone number
and method of recording call is needed. You can provide or purchase access
from us. See below for more details.

What We’ll Provide:
- Orientation to the technology area.
- The script that you’ll use. You’ll have the opportunity to review the
script either before or at the orientation.
- Dry run where you get to interview yours truly (poor you)
- US phone number (optional; see below).

Payment:
- We pay $20 for every completed interview i.e. accurate notes and a clear
MP3 recording of the call. For all our sanity, payments will be made in a
lump sum upon completion of the calls. I would estimate that to be about 10
days after your work is complete, if not sooner.
- The notes highlight salient points of the conversation including
anecdotes, quotes, facts and figures.
- A US phone number and the means to record calls for one month will run
about $10 or you can provide your own solution.
- An invoice for Israeli tax authorities will be needed. If you cannot issue
an issue we can still work together. Just gets a wee bit more complicated.

Dates and timing:
- Likely between the 22nd and the 23rd i.e. the week before Purim. Yes, we
want to get these completed before your stone drunk.
- Interviews will be conducted with people in the US so that’ll require you
to work between 4:00pm and 12:00am for East Coast Interviews; 7:00pm and
3:00am for West Coast interviews. We are trying to keep the interviews
between 4:00pm and 11:00pm.

Future:
- I see in breadcrumbs of my plate that a bright future lies in wait for
STAnalytics. If I like you and you can tolerate my sense of humor there’s
96.525% chance that we’ll be working together in the near future (as in
within 4380 hours...now you tell me what timeframe that translates into. )

Takers?

---
Dave Greenfield
President