[RBS] [BS/RBS list] [RBS2] Antennas

Bracha mosbra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 23:23:51 IST 2010

I basically agree with Chani (as someone who has worked in the field for
many years), with two small corrections/changes.

Being VERY close to either a cell phone antenna or a cell phone in operation
may be problematic.

I have not made any measurements or specific calculations to say for sure,
but it is unlikely ideal to have a cellphone antenna on top of a building
that one lives in. Across the street, on the other hand is most likely not
an issue.

The more antennas there are in an area -- the lower the power transmitted by
each of the individual antennas (and the cellphones in use in those areas).
This lowering may be VERY significant.

The only study I've seen that actually claims to have seen a rise in cancer
rates was for people that lived in areas with very few antennas (ie poor
coverage and therefore high power transmitted by the antennas AND the
phones) for very high power users.

A small caveat to this is that the newer cellphone technologies also use
less power to begin with so that the power today is probably significantly
less than the power transmitted in the regions and participants in those
areas/studies -- though there was no specific mention of particular
technologies in the study report/article that I saw.

Bracha.