[RBS] Accident on Nahal Tze'elim

Yehuda and Rebecca Poch butrfly at actcom.co.il
Fri Jan 15 13:22:39 IST 2010

20 minutes ago, Friday afternoon, a car was traveling from the RBS-A
shopping center down Tze'elim toward Rte. 38.
Tze'elim is a road that goes downhill, and like most of the traffic on
this road, this particular car was traveling far in excess of the speed
limit, which is 50 km on that part of the road.

The car couldn't stop fast enough to avoid hitting my neighbor's
daughter as she was crossing the street at the corner of Nahal Chever.
Lucky for her, she actually survived the attack.  MDA responded within 2
minutes of the accident, and Hatzalah was about a minute behind them.
It took the police about 15 minutes after I called them until they got
here, by which time, the injured girl had already been taken to hospital.

Of course the wonderful people who run our city, who campaigned on
running an honest government that would take the citizens' needs and
concerns as their top priority, have not seen fit to put a much-needed
traffic circle at this intersection - an issue that has been raised
numerous times already with various city leaders.  "There is simply no
budget for this circle."

A traffic circle at the corner of Refaim and Luz is already approved and
budgeted.  But where it is really necessary, no one is interested.  It
apparently remains the case in Beit Shemesh that someone will actually
have to be killed first before such a circle is installed.  I just hope
that the leaders of our fair city can bear the moral and legal guilt
such an event will leave.  For it is indeed they who would be guilty.

Shabbat Shalom and Chodesh Tov.