[RBS] The Kashrus Certificate at the Oriental Chinese

The Viflics viflic at 012.net.il
Thu Sep 2 14:44:29 IDT 2010

Dear Listland,

I was very kindly informed by one of my neighbours this morning regarding
what was said about the kashrus certificate of The Oriental Chinese
restaurant. and I would like to give our side of the story.

It is correct to say that our mehadrin teudah was in fact expired for a
period of time, HOWEVER, during the WHOLE TIME we had a FULL-TIME MEHADRIN
YERUSHALAYIM MASGIACH on the premises and daily visits from the rabbinut Bet
Shemesh masgiach, which was not mentioned.

Anyone who had a problem with the certificate was encouraged to speak to our
masgiach and if this was not enough, we gave them the the telephone number
of the Mehadrin Yerushalayim supervisor.

I wish that Rabbi Spiro had spoken with us, toured our kitchen, spoken to
our mashgiach (like some other establishments metioned).  If so, he would
have seen that the kashrut standards of the Mehadrin Yerushalayim were being
upheld by us in conjunction with the mashgiach while we were working on
fixing the expired teudah.

My husband, Itzak, is a frum, well-known and long-time member of the
community. The kashrut of our restaurant has always been at the same high
standard that is demanded by Mehadrin Yerushalayim even when our teudah was
expired.

If you have any questions, please call us. We are always available to our
patrons.

Please come visit our restaurant, come to our kitchen, speak to our
mashgiach and judge for yourself.

Thank you
Tamar Viflic