[RBS] How is the Education System in RBS?

Michael Silvers almightyfinancial at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 21:40:23 IST 2011

Hello everyone. I am making Aliyah with my wife and 2 daughters (ages 4.5 and 2) from Los Angeles in July. We are strongly considering moving to RBS Aleph after reading all of the wonderful things it has to offer our family. We love the location along with the Western hospitality and affordability. We consider ourselves Haredi (Baale Teshuvahs), but more open then the Meah Shearim Haredim. RBS Aleph seems like a great fit for our family, but when I asked my Rabbi's Rav (A pretty big and well known Rosh Yeshiva who has lived in Israel for the last 22 years)for his opinion of RBS Aleph for our family, he said was that that there are many chinuch problems that result from the educational system there in his experience and from stories hes heard. When I asked him to elaborate, he only told me that he has helped children in the past from that area that fell off the derech. I am looking for your experiences and/or insights into the education in RBS Aleph. Our girls will be going into the Gan system when we get there, but when it's time for them to attend a Beit Yaakov, I want to be sure that I made the right decision.

Thank you in advance for any information that you can provide.

Best Regards,

Michael