[RBS] low-tech internet question

Shmuel Rothenberg rothenberg_marty at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 13:51:21 IST 2011

If your service is going up and down, there are 2 likely causes:

1.  You have a phone in the house that is plugged in without an ADSL filter.  (It's a little white thingy with two jacks, one says ADSL other has picture of a phone, and one plug coming out that you plug in the wall).  ALL phones in the house must be plugged into an ADSL filter.  Otherwise, your internet connection will drop each time someone uses the phone.

2.  Your tashtit (internet line) with Bezeq is more than 4mega.  In Ramat Beit Shemesh, anything over 4mega speed is unreliable, and the line will drop periodically.  They will tell you that it works at faster speeds, but it is not true.  We had a Bezeq technician measure our line, and he agreed that we should not run it faster than 4mega.

Hope that helps!

-Shmuel