[RBS] Beware: Local Kashrut Problem

Melissa Shenker melissashenker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:32:18 IST 2011

Mamtakey Kobi in the merkaz (next to Chemda Hateva) is selling 'sukariot
kashot' (hard candy) under the label 'TATOO Mehadrin' with 3 badly
photostatted hechsherim including one from the import department of the
Rabbanut Harashit.  I was suspicious of the cheap price (7 boxes for 10 NIS)
so I phoned the Rabbanut to check and they said that the company has not had
a hechsher/ishur from them since 2007 and anything with a sell by date after
2009 is not under supervision.  These have a sell by date in 2012.

Note: kashrut queries on imported products can be sent to
yevu at rabbinate.gov.il.

Bivracha,
Melissa

--