[RBS] Fw: Saidel Bakery SPECIAL this week on whole wheat bagels in RBS

yamin and justine cohen justine at neto.net.il
Wed Jun 15 10:30:27 IDT 2011

Subject: Saidel Bakery SPECIAL this week on whole wheat bagels in RBS

      SPECIAL!! Introducing our new Whole Wheat Bagels at the special introductory price of only 5 NIS a bagel (instead of the regular
      6 NIS). Also if you buy 12, you get the 13th free (baker's dozen).

      Note: We also have our regular white -bagels at 4.5 NIS a bagel.

      What makes a perfect bagel?

      The answer to that question is simple to answer but not as easy to achieve.

      A perfect bagel is one with a "crackling" crispy crust, a chewy interior, a yeasty taste, just a tiny bit sour--------------------------------and with a mild hint of sweetness. It is this contrast of textures (crisp/chewy) and tastes (sweet/sour), that make the perfect bagel.

      To make such a bagel is not a difficult procedure, but it is labor intensive. To get that chewy/crispy combination, a bagel needs to be boiled for a short time before baking. It is this essential step that is often omitted due to manufacturing restraints.

      All but the most authentic/die-hard bagel establishments either simply bake their bagels without boiling them (a roll with a hole) which removes the chewy element, or they steam them instead of boiling them, which makes them somewhat chewier but not nearly enough. While these are definitely quicker and less labor intensive methods, they fail to produce a really good bagel.

      At Saidels Bakery we do things the hard way and the right way. All our bagels are hand made from beginning to end, from the mixing, through the shaping, the hand boiling and finally the baking. Care is taken at each step to get it just right. The result is, in our opinion, worth the effort.

      Bagels are one of the best freezer breads, they last extremely well in the freezer. What is important is how you resuscitate the bagel. The bagel should be defrosted either slowly out of the fridge, or quickly in the microwave. It should then be placed for a minute or two in a hot convection oven to regain its crispness of crust. A bagel that is just reheated in a microwave will be chewy but missing the crisp crust.

      Saidels also has a wide range of health breads, special challahs, pies, quiches and cookies. Visit our website http://saidels.com for the full tour.

      We deliver to Ramat Bet Shemesh every Friday.
      We have a pick-up point or we can DELIVER to your door for an extra
      10 NIS delivery fee.

      Our pick-up point is at the Cohen Family, Nachal Nachshon 6/18 (the cottages behind building #6). Tel: 9920559 from from 14:30-16:30.

      To order, visit http://saidels.com and use our user friendly on-line order form or call  09-7941222. Our website contains photos and information about all our products.

      Shabbat Shalom

      Les and Sheryl Saidel

      Saidels Bakery "baked with love"