[RBS] in defense of the Israeli Education Ministry

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:05:57 IDT 2011

i just wan tot point out that this week, over 1,900,000 children started
school - from trom-hova (age 3) through grade 12 (actually, higher for spec
ed)
this means that in  our wonderful country, more than 30% of the population
are in school,
many needing special services,
funded almost 100% by the ministry of education

combine that with the fact that we are at war

and with the fact that our government provides costly jewish religious
services (mikvaot, shuls, rabbanim, hevra kadisha, kollelim, etc)

and we can understand why the school system is "poorer" than in countries in
which children are a much smaller percentage of the  population
and be a bit less frustrated that not everything we read about is
implemented here

that said, it is time to educate the ministry on cost-free improvements...
 anyone wanna join me?