[RBS] Crucial Kashrus for Consumers

Beis Tefillah Yonah Avraham (BTYA) Information info2 at btya.org
Mon Sep 19 23:27:43 IDT 2011

Beis Tefillah Yonah Avraham invites Olim, both old and new, to a very
important multimedia presentation (in English) about Kashrut.

R' Yechiel Spira, of Jerusalem Kosher News, will cover important topics,
including:

* What does the Israeli Rabbanut hechsher, and specifically the Beit Shemesh
one, deliver?
* What are these "badatz"im, and what is their role?
* What to ask when dining out in a restaurant?
* How do we verify the integrity of a teudat kashrus (kosher certificate)?
* Why do dairy restaurants require a hechsher, mehadrin or otherwise?

The presentation promises to be fascinating and informative as we have seen
repeatedly in the past; you will undoubtedly feel thankful that you went.

For new olim, this information could be vital.

10:30 PM on this coming Motzaei Shabbat, before the pre-s'lichot lecture
(starts at 12 AM, followed by 12:30 AM s'lichot), at BTYA.

Aryeh Sonnenberg

In addition, the 5772 Beit Shemesh Kashrus Guide will be released, IY"H. 10
NIS per copy.

PS - Women should be sure to attend Rabbi Nissel's "10 Minutes" Tefilla
lecture at 8:30, this same night.

----

Kehillas BTYA, under the guidance of HoRav Malinowitz, Shli"ta, is located
in RBS A, at the corner of Nachal Refaim and Luz. You can learn more about
our Kehilla, or hear past shiurim at our web page, www.btya.org.