[RBS] Announcement – Hatzala bet Shemesh - We appeal to the community to help us acquire a new ambulance.

Hillel Abrahams hatzalabetshemesh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:06:09 IST 2012

We appeal to the community to help us acquire a new ambulance.

Hatzala Beit Shemesh is a unique volunteer organization in Israel. At
Hatzala Beit Shemesh we help anyone in need of urgent medical care in Beit
Shemesh and transport them to any hospital of choice, FREE OF CHARGE. No
person should have to consider their financial position when calling an
ambulance!  We don’t differentiate between denomination, belief or gender.
Hatzala Beit Shemesh operates day and night, 24/7, on Shabbos and Chagim,
staffed by volunteers who give of themselves for the community.  Our
volunteers go out during Shabbos meals, on Yom Kippur, in the middle of the
night, during davening or whenever they get a call – at a moment’s notice
they give of themselves and their family time. A large number of Beit
Shemesh pregnant mothers are transported to give birth in the hospital of
choice and we have many hundreds of “Hatzala babies” born on the way to the
hospital in our ambulance. The nearest hospital is about 40 minutes away
from here, so our work is life saving and critical.

Last week our second ambulance went into repair and the price to fix it is
more than the value of the ambulance. This leaves us with only one
ambulance which is working non-stop and cannot keep up with demand. In
addition, if we get a second call, and there is no other ambulance
available in the area, the result is Pikuach Nefesh for the residents of
our neighborhood.

We are asking anyone who can help, or if you know of a family, person or
organization, in Israel or Chutz La’Aretz that can help us with a new
ambulance – to be in contact with us ASAP.  Our organization has all the
required tax receipts for Israel and the USA.

If you know of any email list or shul or organization where you can post
this request, please do so.

Please feel free to contact us for more information, or to meet with those
who are in charge of the organization. Tizku LeMitzvot

Note: Hatzala Beit Shemesh Ambulances are constantly in use and we don't
replace ambulances on a yearly basis - your donation will be in constant
use doing lifesaving work every day for many years to come.

Anyone who wishes to help us in other ways - such as supporting our monthly
expenses, or donating lifesaving equipment - please also feel free to
contact us. Even an 18 Shekel monthly debit order helps us considerably.

Contact:  Bentzy Novak 0542.500.560 or Hillel Abrahams 0545.720.391

International Bentzy Novack +972.542.500.560 or Hillel Abrahams
+972.2.995.1008