[RBS] Bituach Leumi/PDD - RESPONSES

Rabbi Ari Enkin rabbiari at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:27:14 IDT 2012

Thank you to all those who responded to my request for information on getting money from Bituach Leumi for children with PDD. There were alot of email both with advice as well as those who asked that I share my findings, so here they are:

1. A family is entitled to both a) money from mas hachnasa and b) a monthly allowance from Bituach Leumi
2. It is only for PDD and similar diagnosis - NOT ADD/ADHD
3. One can personally apply directly to bituach leumi for this money. There is a long bureaucratic procedure but it is straight forward and do-able.
4. If one does not want to do it personally, there are agencies who do this for you. I looked into "Pisga" and "Capsit". They're both good. The latter were easier to deal with. They both charge outrageous fees, promise you billions and trillions of shekels for signing up with them, and charge about a 1000nis fee just to open a 'tik'. (more fees to come!). But they will get you money.
5. There is an agency that does not charge to open a tik, (forgot their name) but their fees are even more outrageous (insane). However, in case you are rejected from bituach leumi -- you would have lost nothing. Their number is *5700.
6. Any accountant can get you money back from mas hachnassa.

That's what Ive come up with. If I can be of further assistance dont hesitate to contact me.

Ari Enkin