[RBS] help with shayesh problem

marti winston martirobin2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:46:01 IDT 2012

  Hi everyone
I need some help
Am moving to an apartment where the counters are made of even caesar
(marble and glue mixture) and the sinks are from porcelain
They are treyfe according to previous tenants
I asked a shayla and was told to use racks in the sinks or bins (the sinks
are only 14 inches x 12 1/2 inches and 9 inches deep) very tiny shallow
sinks
And not to put hot pots directly onto the shayesh
Now a suggestion was made to cover the shayesh with contact paper but I
fear this will get moldy and peel once wet.
Also, still cant put hot pots on the contact paper.
So any suggestions from those who have faced this problem in the past?
I once saw for Pesach a family that had a stainless steel covering made to
go over their counters and sinks but this is a rental apartment and I cant
invest money into it like that.
Please rely off line directly to me with your suggestions and ideas
Thanks a lot
Marti