[RBS] FIRE EXTINGUISHERS? SMOKE ALARMS?

Rivka Ester Rothstein rivkaest at 012.net.il
Sun May 13 17:31:38 IDT 2012

Smoke alarms are cheaper. They'll warn you if chas v'chalila there's smoke
from a fire that you weren't already aware of. They should hopefully give
you time to get everyone out of your house, and phone the fire department.

Fire extinguishers allow you to be proactive. You can actually extinguish a
fire if you've caught it small enough. Instead of waiting for the fire
department to arrive at what remains of your home, lo aleinu.

There is NO CONTEST between those two safety items. Just a difference in
price. Every household should own both. They should just collect dust,
please G-d, and no one should have cause to use them. But as a safety
precaution, it's not enough to only have smoke alarms.

I'm able to provide fire extinguishers - 3 kg., gas 'halon' 1211 (not
powder which dries out and needs to be continually refilled), able to put
out all types of fires - wood, plastic, kitchen oil, electric, etc. .
According to 'tav teken', guaranteed for 3 years.

They're currently on sale from one manufacturer on-line for 360 nis plus 45
nis delivery charge (down from 449 nis.) I am able to get them for 350 if
you come to my home to collect it; 375 if you want delivery to your home and
you're in Beit Shemesh/Ramat Beit Shemesh.

I'm sure they don't need to be 'sold' - suffice to say every home, gan,
office, etc., should have at least one!

To purchase smoke alarms locally, contact Gina Kirsch at jongin at neto.net.il
<mailto:jongin%40neto.net.il> .
To purchase fire extinguishers, reply to this email. Please indicate
whether or not you require home delivery. I'll need you to drop off the
money in cash when you place your order.

~Rivka Ester Rothstein

p.s. Some listers have pointed out to me that it's possible to purchase a
fire extinguisher from an auto parts place. True - and it's a small 1 kg.
affair, filled with the powder I spoke of above, for the purpose of putting
out chalila a fire in the car, in a small space. It is NOT appropriate for
home use, we shouldn't
know from it!

p.p.s. The fire extinguisher offered on-line through one of the coupon
deals is a 1 kg powder-filled machine - as above. No real bargain - sorry!

* Supplier has offered a special deal to mosdot ordering multiple fire
extinguishers. If your mosad is interested, you're welcome to give me a
ring.

"AT YOUR SERVICE ~ CLEANER REFERRAL SERVICE"

Matching cleaners with clients in the RBS/Beit Shemesh areas since 1999.

Your address for one-off or steady home cleaning help.

02-999-6093 Please call between 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM