[RBS] Clarification re: Siren System

Rivka Ester Rothstein rivkaest at 012.net.il
Tue Nov 20 20:32:19 IST 2012

I have not been referring to a particular siren that occurred, but rather to
the fact that the siren system, which is NOT the same as the erev Shabbos
warning and music system, does NOT reach Nahar HaYarkon.  Since my first
post several days ago, it has been brought to my attention that several
other streets have not been able to ever hear a siren either.

I am not referring to an unexpected siren, but rather on those days when I
know for a fact the siren will be sounded, such as Yom haShoa and Yom
haZikaron, I have gone outside at the expected time and then, if I listened
carefully, I was able to detect a faint sound.  When there was a 'test'
about a year ago, again, I heard nothing.  If it was chas v'sholem necessary
for me or my neighbors to hear a siren, it would NOT be detected.

It was not my attention to alarm anyone.  As per my first post on Nov. 15, I
specified Nahar HaYarkon as a street that receives neither radio reception,
nor are we able to hear the RBS warning siren.

As per the suggestion of Rafi Goldmeier, a query has been posted on the
Iriya facebook page.  We'll see how they respond tomorrow.

Shalom al kol Yisrael,

~Rivka Ester

"AT YOUR SERVICE ~ CLEANER REFERRAL SERVICE"

Matching cleaners with clients in the RBS/Beit Shemesh areas since 1999.

Your address for one-off or steady home cleaning help.

02 999 6093 Please call between 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM