[RBS] RE-SPECS Frames for the Needy - Who Are We?

Chana chana at respecsframes.org
Sun Oct 14 11:47:37 IST 2012

RE-SPECS Frames for the Needy is a registered NPO that collects used and
surplus glasses frames for Israel's needy. According to statistics, despite
the growth of Israel's economy and its "Start-Up Nation" phenomenon, about
25% of Israelis face poverty on a daily basis, including a growing number
of working poor. RE-SPECS aims to combat this problem in the area of
affordable eyeglasses. We place a strong emphasis on keeping our
environment green and on waste minimization. This, we believe, can be
facilitated by channeling pre-loved frames to people in need. For more
information, please check out our website: www.respecsframes.org

Would you like to volunteer? We could use your help in several areas,
including one-time tasks or weekly tasks. We need help to:

1)Sort out frames. We receive hundreds of frames every month in varied
condition. We are fortunate to have Telfed (the South African Zionist
Federation - Israel) offer its Raanana premises on a weekly basis, in the
afternoon for approx. 2 hours, for the purposes of our volunteers helping
to sort them out. RE-SPECS staff would be present and give guidance, so you
need no prior experience about eyeglasses, just good eyesight!

2)Do computer work at home. This could be ongoing, involving preparing
lists and doing general computer/internet work. Internet comfortability a
requirement. We also need English to Hebrew translations.

3)Go to optometrists to distribute flyers, explaining what RE-SPECS does
and offering to provide them with a recycling bin. Also includes asking if
they would be willing in general to collect frames for us.

4)Telephoning and coordinating with other charities. Basically, we reach
needy people through the social services and other charities. We need
volunteers with a warm, confident phone manner to make calls for us to
coordinate events. Fluent Hebrew is a must.

5)Pick up donated glasses from local collection points.

6)Coordinate overseas glasses donations, including means of shipment to
Israel.

If you have an interest in any of these, give thought as to your forte: are
you good at making calls? speaking to people in person? delivering/picking
up? computer work?
Feel free to email us to sign up as a volunteer or to donate frames. Please
note that donated frames must be in top condition!!
The nearest collection points in the RBS area are at Dr. Chanoch Schwartz,
HaChartzit 6a, Nofei Aviv. Tel: 992 1979. Feel free to leave your donated
frames in the mailbox, labeled "For RE-SPECS". Also at Levinson Family,
13/6 Ayalon. Feel free to leave your donated frames in a bag on the door,
labeled "For RE-SPECS".

Tizku lemitzvot

Chana Simon
chana at respecsframes.org, 0584 436 735
--

*RE-SPECS Frames for the Needy is a non-profit organization that collects
used and surplus glasses frames from Israel and abroad for distribution to