[RBS] An Unforgettable Rosh Hashanah for Teens

Liba Markson libamarkson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 22:17:44 IDT 2012

**

Experience Rosh Hashanah like never before with noted author and publisher,
Shimon Apisdorf, a recent oleh to Yerushalayim from Baltimore, Maryland. He
and his family have been leading experiential Yom Tov minyanim in the U.S.
for several decades and this year Ramat Bet Shemesh teenagers (boys and
girls, all ages) will have the opportunity to spend a truly unforgettable
Rosh Hashanah with them.

The minyan will include the main parts of the Yom Tov tefillos, including
Shofar blowing, and will focus heavily on interactive discussions,
storytelling, and inspirational learning throughout. Kiddush and coffee
will be available (before, during, and) after the minyan.

The schedule for both days:

* *

*Maariv: 7:15 - 8:00* *p.m*.

Topics:

·         *Welcome to Rosh Hashanah*;

·         *Topic: Tales of Uncle Harry, Part I: What my late brother taught
me about drugs, chesed, and the power of the Jewish neshama.** *

*Shacharis: 10:30 - 1:30*

*Shofar 12:30; Kiddush following*

Davening basics, interactive discussion, stories, etc.

·         *Topics: Tales of Uncle Harry, Part II: Who will live and who
will die?***

·         *Glimpses of Divine involvement in the ICU and beyond.***

* *

*Second Night Maariv (same times):*

·         *Topic: I Finally Believe in Prayer: How my life has changed over
the last two years. ***

*Second Day (same times): *

·         *Topic: Does Anybody Have a Dream*

* *

*Mrs. Ditzah Kampf will speak to girls: 11:30 – 12:15*

·         *Topic: Dreams, Goals, and Other Minor Details.***

Shana Tova and Kesiva uChasima tova.

Please call Liba Markson, 0546624846, for location details, or reply to
this email.