[RBS] Why Fight a Charedi Mayor?

Zvi Wolicki zwolicki at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 20:58:02 IST 2013

Aryeh,

I am sure that most residents like myself are less concerned with the potential next mayor's religious observance and more with his (or her) ability to manage the city properly, do away with selctive enforcement of city regulations, implement a serious manintence program for municpal infrastructure, plan a budget and ensure that all residents enjoy quality of life.

If the question of the next mayor is to be decided strictly on haredi or non haredi lines while the current (small) majority favors a non haredi candidate it may lead to renewed inter communal tension and acrimony.

Let us try to focus on the issues and not on old style sectarian politics.

Zvi Wolicki
Former city Councilman for Chen