[RBS] JFS BULLETIN BOARD: February 9, 2013

JFS office at jfsisrael.org
Sat Feb 9 23:24:39 IST 2013

*CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR BRAIN:*
Lay off the junk food, the nosh, the white flour, and the white sugar
too... and in fact for some of you the grains altogether are not simple
to digest in good health!  Sound like no fun?  Well, not only is clear
and happy thinking a real benefit, but saying goodbye to brain-fog and
to belly distension are equally motivating.  Our Land is truly the place
for gorgeous organic produce a'plenty, and why shouldn't we want the
best -- and feed it to our kids too, every day.  No exceptions for
Shabbat, either.

*THE POWER OF A SMILE -- GIVE ONE AWAY FOR FREE!*
It is the quickest recharge we know, both for you and for the receiver!
Sometimes we feel so unempowered as to feel isolated or saddened, but
sharing the flash of a genuine (or even a good fake!) smile, can warm
and uplift.  Try it today.

*OUR UPCOMING CLASS SCHEDULE:*
We are accepting reservations for the following Classes and Groups --
don't miss out.
*
***Transitions
*A group for women in the flux of change, who could benefit from a solid
touch point during the week.  Both support and education will form the
backbone of this class, run by Sarah Alpert, M.A.
*
*****Me and My Neshama
*A drawing, coloring, and water color painting experience for kids ages
seven through nine.  The idea is that no picture created is good or bad,
and ALL of them come from pure Neshama.  Making art with no goals at
all, is good for relaxation and self value.  This class is run by Bonnie
Gerbitz, LCSW*
*
****Solo!
*Rachel Weinstein,  LCSW*  *leads this weekly evening group for divorced
women with children, designed to bring a social element into a life
overfilled with responsibility.  This group will definitely foster
friendships and "helpships" too!*

***Sweet Sixteen
*A group for teenage girls age sixteen through eighteen, who need a
great fun evening out.  Tanya Prochko,  MSEd will lead activities on and
off the premises of the Matnas, and while the girls are busy having
adventures, Tanya will anchor their sense of self and value.  This
assists ALL girls in navigating these years, and teaches important age
appropriate social skills.

*ALSO AVAILABLE:*
For those who have heard about our Marriage Boot Camp program for women,
we want to remind you that this amazing material can be learned in a
month's worth of individual and invaluable meetings.  Call for
information, and build your marriage into something that you treasure!

--
Jewish Family Services
Your Agency for Therapy and Social Work Services

02.999.9330
email:  office at jfsisrael.org