[RBS] RBS Robberies - What can we do?

ldf1014 at aol.com ldf1014 at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 12:13:54 IST 2013

To the RBS community,

I'm sure we all are aware of the unacceptable number of robberies that continue to plague our community. However, while I know of my friend and neighbors that have been robbed, and you know of yours, we may not be aware of the full picture. And the truth of it is that the robberies are occurring almost NIGHTLY, with the thieves becoming more and more brazen each time, both in their methods and in the targets they choose.

Despite group meetings with the police, to date, there is little or no police presence in RBSA. There are almost no visible patrols or checkpoints, day or night. The thieves have discovered the lottery here in our community, and we are sitting ducks.

What can we do?

I have spoken to the mayor's office and to the mefaked tachana of the BS Police. Both are aware of the situation, but it is obvious that unless they hear a real hue and cry from the community, not much will be done to change the status quo.

Let's band together and be heard as a unified group.

BS Police Mefaked: Dvir-Shai Bar-Eli : Direct line is 990-2201

mosheab at bshemesh.co.il

shmuelg at bshemesh.co.il with a copy to his secretary at: aviva at bshemesh.co.il

Emails can be sent in English.

I also understand that a petition is being drafted to the Minister of Public Security Minister, Yitzhak Aharonovich, who oversees and funds our local police, to let him know of our displeasure with their performance.  Please keep an eye out for this.

Aviva Friedlander