[RBS] Special Message From Eli Cohen

The Palmers ypalmer70 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 13:11:12 IDT 2013

Dear Residents of Ramat Bet Shemesh

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the very warm welcome you
gave me this past Shabbat that I spent in RBS. I was able to take in Friday
night at Ahavat Zion, followed by Bet Knesset Carlebach, a tour of the
parks, and the opportunity to listen to the young people of the
neighborhood. In the morning, I was privileged to be hosted by Bet Knesset
Or Baramah followed by Ramat Shalom. The afternoon began with a further
tour of the neighborhood, with the whole Shabbat closing with an inspiring
and warm Seudah Shlishit in Ramat Shiloh. Thank you all for making me so
welcome. I know that we all share the dream of a better quality of life for
ourselves and our families.

I would like to give thanks to the Oftsein family for providing my sleeping
arrangements and to the Lavi and Pitusi families for hosting me for Shabbat
meals. Special thanks go to the Maltz family for arranging a wonderful
Seuda Shlishit in Ramat Shilo. I also give thanks to my many companions
around the neighborhood: David Berinson, Zeev Kaplan, Yoni Sprecher, Avi
Rubin, Avihu Cohen, Pini Wolff, Nachi Sabag, and Rena Hollander.

During this Shabbat I came to a greater appreciation of the special
character and atmosphere that exist in the Ramah and the importance of
preserving this unique environment. I also saw firsthand the critical and
urgent needs of the youth. Needless to say, the question of the
neighborhood's infrastructure requires immediate action due to the many
safety problems posed by poor maintenance and care.

During this period of the Three Weeks, we are reminded of the danger of
disunity. By working together in unity and harmony, we can make the change
we all hope for. I look forward to returning to the Ramah and working with
you, the residents of the Ramah, to develop a plan for the way forward.

Shavua Tov

Eli Cohen