[RBS] JFS BULLITIN BOARD: June 9, 2013

JFS office at jfsisrael.org
Sun Jun 9 14:47:12 IDT 2013

CARE AND FEEDING OF THE BRAIN:
You are what you eat.  If you want your kids (or even yourself) to build
your brain from pasty white flour or sugar, or fats that are really more
chemically similar to plastic than to food, then keep eating snacks,
candy, junk, etc.  Or.... you could instead change to a balanced Mood
Food Mediterranean Diet.  Delicious and weight regulating too!  Email to
ask....

SUMMER CLASS REGISTRATION (in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Beit
Shemesh area):
Please email to inquire about
     The Single Mom's Support Group
     Taming Your Teenager
     Healing Chronic Pain
     Living With Loss
     Marriage Boot Camp (for wives only)
     Weight Management
     Technology and Internet Addiction

THE SPECTRUM OF HELPING PROFESSIONALS:
It gets more confusing all the time.  So let's add some clarity to the
terms  And remember that at JFS we utilize all of these listed, and more.

     A *coach* works on specific future goals.
     A *therapist* works on past, present, or future issues and goals as
well.
     A *counselor* is another term for therapist, sometimes with more
religious and less psychological training, working on whatever a client
has that causes distress or uncertainty.
     A *social worker* is usually educated with a Masters Degree in
their specialty, and usually there are two paths -- clinical (similar to
a therapist) or community (they help with household and family life basics)
     A *psychologist* is a grad school educated talk therapy professional.
     A *psychiatrist* is a medical doctor who prescribes brain medication.
     A *neurologist* is a medical doctor who tests the brain and nervous
system.
     And then there is *neurotherapy, hormone consultations, weight
management and more* ..

Email for more information or to add your name to our agency email list
for brain and body updates you may not want to miss.

HAVE A GOOD SUMMER, AND TREAT YOURSELVES TO NEEDED MENTAL HEALTH UPGRADES!
At JFS we can help with most challenges and goals.

--
Jewish Family Services Israel
Your English Speaking Agency for

Personal, warm, and affordable