Suggestion for a webmail application with good Hebrew Support

Michael Tewner tewner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:39:26 IDT 2009

2009/8/18 Danny Lieberman <dannyl at software.co.il>

> Shachar
>
> On the Internet - size is not an indication of threat surface. Ability to
> provision and maintain is more important.
>
> You have to engineer your solution to your needs.
>
> For us - the combination of Google Apps, slicehost (for smaller projects) /
> rackspace (for big projects) rocks.
>
> Google Apps Mail and Calendar are amazing applications especially if you
> have colleagues in 5 or 6 time zones  and people with iphones and
> blackberries like we do
>
> I can't believe that there are people on Linux-IL who seriously consider
> Squirrel Mail a competitor.

There you go again with the "Don't even think about hosting your own
Webmail"

Danny - There are companies out there which consider internal mail as
"classified" - Hosting the emails on third-party servers, even encrypted
versions of the emails, is simply a security threat. It's called keeping
your data "close to home", and it's quite important, especially when your
content might be problematic in other jurisdictions.

And anyway - no one outside of my company network/VPN should have IMAP/POP3
access to the mail server. With Google Apps you carefully craft your office
firewall rules, then move mailbox access to *outside* of the network??!!

-mike