OT: Where does it count?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:59:57 IST 2009

Hi,Since I'm looking for a Linux system job and the market conditions still
sucks, I began thinking about other possibilities..
One of them is to become a full time developer..

As a system guy, I had my share of so-called "programming": I wrote lots of
shell scripts, PHP, some perl etc. I wasn't a "script kiddie" and I didn't
write scripts/programs day in day out, but rather as "solutions" to
situations where I needed to "stitch" various technologies or apps.

My question is simple: When does the "developer" experience starts ticking?
(I'm not talking about any specific language here). Do the years of writing
those small programs/scripts count as a "developer years"? or does the clock
starts ticking when I'm a full time programmer?

Thanks,
Hetz
--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org