codec problem

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Sun Sep 26 16:23:35 IST 2010

> BTW - any idea why this would happen? My box is 100% rpm installations and all
> updates installed, so I'd expect these links to be updated automatically when
> packages are installed.

I suppose usually such things live in the %post section of the spec
file. Conceivably, something could prevent the %post section from
finishing if an update was interrupted / crashed for some reason.

Unless there is a bug in the RPM itself... You could check for this by
downloading the corresponding src.rpm and looking at the spec file,
or, hopefully, by running

rpm --scripts -q <your_rpm>

Oleg Goldshmidt | oleg at goldshmidt.org