Creating a partion with mkfs.ntfs and not seeing it in windows 7 - why ?

Dan Shimshoni danshimsh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:38:39 IST 2012

Hi,
I create a partition in Linux (on a dual boot Fedora/windows 7  machine) by
mkfs.ntfs /dev/sda6

The operation succeeded ok.
I can see the NTFS partition in linux by fdisk -l.

However, when I booted into windows 7 on this machine I could not
see that partition in windows explorer nor in "disk management"

Any ideas what is the reason ? what should I do to be able
to see this partition in windows ?
I know that I can format a partition in windows, but as
far as I understand, this should be also possible to create
a windows partition from Linux and see it in windows.

rgs,
DS