[RBS] Netvision 49NIS per month?

Ephrayim Naiman ejnaiman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:09:16 IST 2010

> The difference is that you are using a VOIP phone line instead of
> a plain old telephone line. It is just like Vonage. Your phone is
> connected to the internet and your calls go across the internet.
>
> We currently use 013 and it is fine. It is no different than a
> regular phone line. The only down side is that you will only have
> one place to plug in your phone which will be next to your router.

> Check Orange for comparison. They may have a better or different
> plan depending on who you speak with and the day of the week. :-)

I have Orange for over a year with their VOIP service and we are very happy.
They connected the router's "analog phone line" to *all* the phone outlets
in the house, so were not restricted to one place.

Plus, with Orange we get 3 different lines with the same number.  This is
*not* "Call Waiting" (which I refer to as "Call Interrupting" :-); it is 3
*separate* phone lines and when you receive a phone call it rings on all 3
lines.  If you're using 1 of the lines, then only the other 2 ring.

Price-wise, yes, Orange keeps changing their packages.

> We are currently with Netvision 1000 minutes plus 5MB internet
> and it costs all together 150 NIS a month. Much cheaper than Bezeq!

Our Orange package is NIS 250 for 4 mb and 2,400 minutes.
Yes, *much* cheaper than Bezek.
Especially when you take into account that (at least I know) with Orange,
the minutes are for all domestic destinations including cell phones; i.e.
*NO* air time charges.  We save NIS 300 - NIS 500 a month over our old Bezek
bills!

I would say that once a week the VOIP doesn't work for 10 - 20 minutes and
once a month there's a major break for up to an hour or more.  Keep in mind,
this is not always Orange, you are also reliant on your Internet
infrastructure, in my case HOT.

Still, well worth the savings - especially since we have cellphones for
backup.

> Netvision also has the option of no contract and i think it is
> with no first two months free.

Yes, our Orange also had 2 months free - I don't know if they still offer
it, but you can generally push them.

Behatzlacha,

-Ephrayim Naiman
ejnaiman at gmail.com